If you are unable to work because of disability, you are not entitled to a daily unemployment allowance. In case of disability, you should principally apply for a benefit payable on the basis of disability (e.g. sickness allowance, partial sickness allowance, disability pension, rehabilitation assistance). When you apply to IAET-kassa for an earnings-related daily allowance, you must declare whether you have applied for or received any other benefits on the basis of disability.

You may be entitled to an earnings-related daily allowance if the maximum period for a sickness allowance (300 days) has expired and you are still disabled. You must also be currently registered as a jobseeker with a TE Office, and you must have a pending or rejected disability pension application. If you are still in an employment relationship, you must submit to IAET-kassa a certificate from your employer declaring that the employer cannot offer you work commensurate with your working capacity.