You can join IAET-kassa if you have a salaried job. Your job can be temporary, for a fixed term, or part-time, and you can also join the fund while you have a summer job or a part-time job while you are a student. You cannot join an unemployment fund while you are unemployed, laid off or on a child care leave, for example.

You can join IAET-kassa as a direct member or through your trade union. If you want to join through your trade union, contact your union.

Apply for IAET-kassa’s membership

You can join IAET-kassa as a direct member by filling in the membership application.

If you meet the eligibility criteria, your membership will begin on the day on which your membership application is received by IAET-kassa. You cannot join an unemployment fund retroactively.

We will send you confirmation of your membership.

You can only be a member of one unemployment fund at a time. If you give us permission in your membership application, IAET-kassa can inform your previous unemployment fund, where applicable, of your move.

If you are a member of IAET-kassa through your trade union and want to become a direct member instead, you can let us know through the Contact us function. You will not need to fill in a new membership application. Also remember to inform your union of the change.

Who can become a member of IAET-kassa?

You can become a member of IAET-kassa if you work in a managerial position or as a specialist, or if you have or are studying for:

  • an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in engineering
  • a degree in economics
  • a bachelor’s degree in business administration
  • a degree in mathematics / natural sciences
  • a degree in technology/science
  • a degree in architecture
  • a degree in design
  • a degree in interior design
  • a degree in opticianry or optometrics
  • a degree in structural architecture
  • a degree in pharmacy
  • a postgraduate degree in social work or social services
  • or another corresponding undergraduate or postgraduate degree.