You can join IAET-kassa if you have a salaried job. Your job can be temporary, for a fixed term, or part-time, and you can also join the fund while you have a summer job or a part-time job while you are a student. You cannot join an unemployment fund while you are unemployed, laid off or on a child care leave, for example.
You can join IAET-kassa as a direct member or through your trade union. If you want to join through your trade union, contact your union.
You can join IAET-kassa as a direct member by filling in the membership application.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your membership will begin on the day on which your membership application is received by IAET-kassa. You cannot join an unemployment fund retroactively.
We will send you confirmation of your membership.
You can only be a member of one unemployment fund at a time. If you give us permission in your membership application, IAET-kassa can inform your previous unemployment fund, where applicable, of your move.
If you are a member of IAET-kassa through your trade union and want to become a direct member instead, you can let us know through the Contact us function. You will not need to fill in a new membership application. Also remember to inform your union of the change.
Who can become a member of IAET-kassa?
You can become a member of IAET-kassa if you work in a managerial position or as a specialist, or if you have or are studying for:
- an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in engineering
- a degree in economics
- a bachelor’s degree in business administration
- a degree in mathematics / natural sciences
- a degree in technology/science
- a degree in architecture
- a degree in design
- a degree in interior design
- a degree in opticianry or optometrics
- a degree in structural architecture
- a degree in pharmacy
- a postgraduate degree in social work or social services
- or another corresponding undergraduate or postgraduate degree.